National Competitive Programs
The Auroras' National Stream Competitive Program is for experienced athletes who want to compete at a national level and specialize in synchronized swimming. The Edmonton Aurora Synchronized Swim Club is the only club in northern Alberta to offer team training of synchronized swimming at the national level. Athletes train all aspects of the sport in a team environment; improving their concept of commitment, respect, and team work. Athletes at this level also receive regular coaching from National and Olympic coaches.
Focused on pursuing excellence, National Stream athletes compete at provincial and national competitions. At the final national championship many Aurora athletes have an opportunity to try out for provincial or national teams. In 2019, 1 member invited to the National Team training camp, and 4 members invited to the Provincial Team training camp. National Stream athletes also qualify for scholarships at some universities.
To understand more about this level of swimming, see the Auroras Pathways.
National Stream athletes train 6 days per week at the Kinsmen Sport Centre Monday to Saturday. Contact the Head Coach for more details.
Fees and Registration Details for National stream swimmers (subject to change before September, 2021)
Monthly Bingo Donation
|National 13-15 ||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday ||$301.00/month || || |
|National Junior ||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday ||$186.00/month || || |
Club fees breakdown
- Registration fee, including an Aurora swim cap and nose clip: $125.
- Eight program fees installments (Oct. 1 to May 1) - see table above.
- Coach travel expenses are paid for equally by the team members. Athlete travel costs are the responsibility of the athlete's parent/guardian.
- Eight bingo donations (Nov. 1 to May 1) - see table above.
Earn this money back by meeting your bingo commitment! When a bingo shift is completed, a credit of $20 per hour is applied to your account.
(For details on reducing dues by working bingo shifts contact email@example.com)
- One Casino shift required: Next Casino expected in 2020 (a $200 fee will be applied to your account per casino shift that is unfilled).
- Wardrobe items up to about $300, depending on what items you already own. Please see the wardrobe items for details.
- Additional meet fees fluctuate each year and will be determined at the start of each season
- 5-10 hours volunteering: see table above. A volunteering fee of $20 per hour may be assessed at the end of the year if volunteering commitments aren't met.
Registration details and additional fees
Please note the following when registering your child:
- All members will be required to set up an account with RAMP, which you will use to register, pay and view your account invoices
- If you already use the RAMP interface (perhaps through another sport) you will be expanding your profile when you log in, but you do not need to create a new account
- At the time of registration you will need to choose the program you wish to register your child in - for example, Wildrose 3x week, National Stream 13-15, etc.
- Your credit card will be charged $125 (Provincial Stream) or $225 (National Stream) plus $2. The $125 or $225 pays for the registration with Synchro Alberta, and the $2.00 is for the initial charge for the Bingo and meet fees that we all pay come the fall. The $2 will go towards your monthly charge for bingo and meet fees.
- An additional $500 per year security fee will also be charged.
- You are required to have a Respect in Sport for Parents certificate number. If you haven't taken the course yet, click HERE.