Edmonton Aurora Bingo Volunteer Information
Parkway Bingo Hall (8775 - 51 Ave, Edmonton)
Edmonton Aurora members in the competitive streams pay a monthly bingo fee. These bingos provide important financial support to our club. When you work a bingo shift, a credit per event is applied to your account:
- Late Night (Evening Game and Late Night Games) 4:30pm-11:59pm - $150.00 Credit
- Evening (currently not available at Bingo Hall) 4:30pm-10:00pm - $105.00 Credit
- Daytime 10:00am-4:00pm - $115.00 Credit
Note that reductions only apply to the program dues portion of the fees, not travel, meet fees, extra routines, volunteering, fundraising or any other fees. If within a synchro year [September-August] the reduction is more than the program fees due, a credit may be applied to your account, but a refund cheque will not be issued. A negative invoice will be applied to your account, crediting your account the appropriate amount. Please note that this is subject to change by motion at any board meeting and the discretion of the board.
This season, we will post bingo sign-ups (via signup.com) approximately 6 weeks in advance in order to give as much notice as possible. We encourage all members to sign up for bingo shifts if they are able to. Please sign up for only 1 shift per swimmer. If we are unable to fill all volunteer spots within two weeks of the bingo date, we will send a second signup email, at which time you are allowed to sign up for a additional spot
Bingo workers are expected to demonstrate a dedication to respond and serve patrons, and bingo staff members with respect and professionalism. You may sign up for your additional shifts AFTER the two-week reminder email goes out. Please do not sign up for more then one shift prior to this or you will be asked to remove your extra shifts. One week prior to the Bingo the job deadline closes, at that point in time the bingo coordinator will find people to fill the remaining spots.
Bingo Signup Rules
- Bingo workers must be at least 18 years old, mobile, fluent in English, and able to complete bingo tasks (the usher positions responsible for sales on the floor, do not require any previous experience).
- The bingo coordinator may change workers jobs based on previous experience and office job requirements.
- Family and friends may work shifts for you as long as they meet the requirements.
- The deadline for each bingo is exactly one week before the event. The program cannot accommodate signup changes after the deadline has passed.
- Once the signup deadline has passed, note that you are responsible to ensure that your shift is filled. If you realize that you are no longer able to work a shift you have signed up for, you must then provide a replacement worker or contact the bingo coordinator (email@example.com). If you do not provide a replacement worker, and the coordinator cannot find a replacement, a non-refundable charge of $200 may be applied to your Edmonton Aurora Artistic Swimming account.
*(The bingo coordinator may be able to help in the slight case of an emergency.)
- To comply with bingo hall regulations, only one person may fill each bingo shift. Split shifts are not allowed.
- Please be on time! Arrive at the bingo hall and ready to work when your shift starts. Punctuality is important because it takes time to organize all bodies into their correct placements before customer sales begin.
- Aurora Synchro may be penalized if bingo workers are late, and the Aurora Club will definitely be fined if we are short the required number of workers.
- When you arrive at the bingo hall, sign in on the sheet provided. At that time, you can also sign up for one break.
- Early evening bingo shifts run from 4:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
- Late evening bingo shifts run from 4:30 p.m. until 11:59 p.m.
- Daytime/"special" bingo shifts run from 10:30 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Bingo volunteers are currently required to wear a mask for the duration of their shift due to COVID-19 protocols. Bingo patrons are required to wear a mask while they are interacting with volunteers (i.e. buying tickets, having their bingo checked).
Bingo Volunteer Positions
- Balls Seller: Sell tickets to bingo patrons on the bingo hall floor. Sometimes calls back winning bingo numbers and pays out winners.
- Bonanza Controller: Works behind the counter to coordinate bonanza seller float, and cash for sellers.
- Bonanza Seller: Sell tickets to bingo patrons on the bingo hall floor. Calls back winning bingo numbers and pays out winners.
- Chairperson: Works behind the counter, sells bingo game cards, assists paymaster and bonanza controller, works with paid bingo employees, ensures volunteers are present and signed in, signs off on final financial numbers. This position requires previous experience.
- Even Bettor Seller: Sells tickets to bingo patrons on the bingo hall floor. Calls back winning bingo numbers and pays out winners.
- Paymaster: Works behind the counter at the beginning of the shift to sell bingo cards. Sits next to the bingo caller for the rest of the shift to pay out bingo winners and record cash out.
- Waitlist: If all bingo positions are filled, but you would like to be contacted in case of cancellations. This does not count toward your bingo hours unless you are called in as a replacement.
For more information about bingos contact the Edmonton Aurora bingo coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about bingos contact the Aurora Synchro bingo coordinator, at email@example.com.
Bingo Dates for 2020-2021 Season
Thursday, September 30th - Night
Saturday, October 23rd - Night
Sunday, November 14th - Night
Tuesday, December 14th - Night
Wednesday, January 5th - Night
Saturday, February 12th - Daytime
Monday, March 14th - Night
Thursday, April 7th - Night
Friday, May 20th - Night
Saturday, June 11th - Night
Sunday, July 10th - Daytime
Friday, July 22nd - Night
Wednesday, August 24th - Night